“Here’s How Our Martial Arts Program Will Help You Raise a Safer, Happier, Healthier Child – In Just 90 Minutes a Week!”
We understand how hard it is to raise children these days. And, we know all the worries you have for your kids – bullying from their peers, pressure to abuse drugs and alcohol, and adult images in the media and on the Internet. Children today have to deal with challenges that are overwhelming. Sadly, it is nearly impossible to shield your children from these ever-present negative influences. But, there is something you can do to help them deal with the many challenges they face.
Many parents have already discovered that martial art training is one of the most beneficial activities in which your child can participate. A martial arts school is a place where a child can learn self-control, respect, and get in shape, all in a safe and fun environment. By enrolling your child in our martial arts classes, you’ll be helping them learn how to make positive choices. Plus, you’ll be giving them a safe place where they can develop the confidence to do what is right.
Every year, parents like you bring their children to enroll in our children’s martial arts program. And every year, those children reap the rewards that our properly instructed martial art programs provide. The Life-Changing Positive Benefits our Martial Arts Program Provides are that your child will improve their confidence, increase their focus, and develop more self-control. We can say this with confidence because we have personally witnessed the positive effects our programs have provided for children just like your own.
- Confidence – By learning how to protect themselves, your children will develop confidence in their ability to handle life’s challenges. In turn, their improved confidence will give them the courage to say “no” to negative influences.
- Focus – We will help your child increase their focus by giving them clear goals and showing them how to reach those goals through hard work and being consistent. (Of course, they won’t realize they’re learning focus because our classes are so much fun! But keep that to yourself – it’ll be our little secret…)
- Self-Control – Kids learn self-control in the martial arts by learning how important it is to have respect, both for themselves and for others. Martial arts training teaches that in order to get respect, you first have to give it. Once your child learns this important lesson, their self-control will naturally increase.
As you can see, our martial arts programs teach so much more than “just kicks and punches.” We help children develop life-skills that will take them far beyond the four walls of our martial art school – benefits that will last them a lifetime.
✓ $100 Value!
Positive Role Models Who Will Encourage Your Child to Succeed
Kids need strong role models who set a positive example for them to follow. Yet, everyone knows that kids can’t look up to professional athletes anymore – so where can they turn for positive examples to follow? Our answer to this question is our professional staff of caring instructors. We honestly believe our martial art instructors are some of the best role models your child could have.
Experience has shown us that kids respond to our martial art teachers in way that no other coach or instructor can match. Because we realize how much our students look up to us, we work hard to set a positive example for them by living the martial arts principles of honesty, integrity, courage, kindness, and self-control. As you know, children are hard-wired to seek attention and approval. So, when kids see positive behaviours demonstrated by our instructors, they are strongly driven to display those same behaviours in their own actions.
But, it doesn’t stop there – our martial art classes come with a “built-in” reward system that will encourage your child to act as they should. This “built-in” reward system is our belt-rank progression program. Children in our programs know they are expected to behave at home and at school in order to progress to their next belt rank. This “one-two punch” of providing inspiring role models and giving your child positive feedback works amazingly well to help children improve their behaviour. To date, we know of no other extracurricular activity that provides kids with such incredible incentives for displaying good behaviour.
And, it works! Just visit our school and ask some of the parents who have had their children enrolled in our programs. When you do, you’ll hear story after story of how our programs have helped their children improve their behaviour and achieve greater success. Parents share these stories with us all the time, and frankly we’re quite proud to have had a small part in improving each child’s life.
Proof That Martial Arts Training Helps Build Happier Kids
However, we don’t just want you to take our word for it. In fact, there’s plenty of solid research that proves martial arts training promotes better behaviour and improved attitudes in school age children. Here are just a few of the most recently published studies and articles describing the benefits of martial arts training for children:
- A 2001 study published in the psychology journal Adolescence showed a vast improvement in good behaviour and a noticeable reduction in violent behaviour among children who took martial arts classes for just 90 minutes a week.
- Another article published in Adolescence in 1998 described how martial arts programs decrease violent behaviour in children and teens.
- A recent study published in the Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology showed that children who participated in martial art training had better behaviour and higher scores on a mental math test.
- The Magazine for Physical Therapy praised martial art training as a helpful activity for special needs children.
- An article in the December 2002 issue of The International Journal of Contemporary Family Therapy recommended families take martial art classes because of the many positive effects martial arts training provides to family members.
As you can see, the evidence is conclusive – martial art training works! There is no other activity that has been proven to bring such a great improvement in the well-being of children. Now, just imagine what a difference our martial arts program will make in your own child’s life…